Fillers have always been the center of attention in the dermatology world. Many people opt for fillers to achieve a youthful appearance, plump lips, fullness under the eyes, and more. The most notable feature of dermal fillers is that they produce immediate results, and you can return to your usual activities within 2 hours following your appointment. So, how long do dermal fillers last?
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
Dermal fillers are not permanent, but how long they last depends on the location and type of procedure used. While you can get fillers again, here is how long the treatment will last depending on the treatment area:
- Under Eye Fillers: If you are aiming to reduce the tear through under the eye, you can get a hyaluronic acid-based filler, which lasts 12 months or longer. A popular hyaluronic acid-based filler, which is a popular choice due to its firmness, supports the thinner skin under your eye.
- Cheeks Fillers: Hyaluronic acid filler for cheeks produces results that last 24 months. You can maintain and prolong the results with a touch-up at 12 months. Your esthetician can determine which type of filler is best for you.
- Nose Fillers: Are you thinking of a non-surgical rhinoplasty? A hyaluronic acid filler can last up to 12 months or longer if you keep up with maintenance treatments at 6 months. In addition, don’t skip the follow-up appointments for almost 9 to 12 months.
- Lip Fillers: You can expect lip augmentation to last up to 12 months or more, given that you maintain multiple treatments. Usually, it takes 3 treatments for the desired outcomes to show. This is because, in the first couple of treatments, the filler may get compressed. Discuss the available options with your dermatologist and achieve plump lips!
- Corners of Mouth: Looking forward to smoother corners of the mouth? Hyaluronic acid fillers create results that stay for a year, with one touch-up treatment at six months. Generally, fillers get good results in this location, but hyaluronic acid fillers could dissolve if they’re injected into your blood vessel by accident.
- Chin Fillers: Chin augmentation usually makes use of fillers or a combination of products to produce lasting results — defined chins that last between 15 and 24 months, along with touch-up treatments.
Tips to Make Dermal Fillers Last Longer
Firstly, avoid touching your face or applying any pressure on the treatment site for 2 hours at the very least. Here are some tips to ensure your dermal fillers last longer:
- Don’t rub your face when washing.
- Avoid exfoliation.
- Try not to sleep on the side you received dermal fillers on for a day or two.
- Hydrate yourself with water and your skin with recommended topical treatments.
- Pay attention to your skincare — apply moisturizers, stay hydrated, and use all the necessary products.
- Use a top-quality broad-spectrum sunscreen in order to avoid exposure to UV.
- Maintain a well-balanced diet, avoiding processed foods, having less sugar, and more.
How long your dermal filler lasts highly depends on the type of filler as well as the location it is received. Your esthetician will work with you to choose the best option for you; get ready to let the youthfulness shine through!
Care Dermatology is here to help you achieve your skin goals. Talk to us now: